The Best Bathrobes to Make Every Day a Spa Day
Post-shower or first thing in the morning, you’re not always ready to get dressed or put on your pajamas (especially if someone's at the door!). A bathrobe will keep you cozy, covered, and it won't fall down like a traditional towel does. Plus, it gives you that lounging-at-a-spa feel right at home. Whether you like cozy fleece, elegant silk, or a plush terry robe to dry off, the Good Housekeeping Institute Textiles Lab found the best robes from brands we love and trust, and styles with rave reviews. For the perfect spa day, all you’ll need is a new bathrobe and your favorite face mask for the ultimate at home pamper session.
1) Cloud Cotton Robe - Parachute Home$99.00Shop NowOur Lab tests have revealed Parachute’s towels and sheets as top-performers time and time again. Made of 100% long-staple Turkish 2-ply cotton gauze, this bathrobe uses fabric designed to be ultra-soft and luxurious. We love that this breezy style can be worn every season, as it’s not too hot or too cool.
2) Plush Robe - Seven Apparel$17.31Shop NowThis plush Amazon’s Choice bathrobe costs just $17! Available in 8 shades and made in polyester fleece, this robe is perfect for lounging around the house. With over 1,000 rave reviews, reviewers are in love with this robe’s super soft feel, but note that it’s only available in one size.
3) 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Robe - Fisher's Finery$89.00Shop NowFisher’s Finery is popular for its super soft silk pillowcases and eye masks, which are both Good Housekeeping Seal holders: This silk robe uses the same luxe silk fabric. Available in five sizes and 8 colors, there’s a style you’ll love. Note that it’s recommended to wash this robe by hand or dry clean, but it comes with a mesh wash bag if you would like to machine wash using the gentle cycle.
4) Lotte Fleece Wrap Robe - Cuddledown$29.00Shop NowThis plush fleece bathrobe from Cuddledown is great for cold weather, and because it's full length, you are totally snuggled up, making this robe perfect for cold winter nights or Christmas morning.
5) Unisex Hydrocotton Hooded Robe - The White Company$109.00Shop NowThis pick from includes a hood for an extra cozy feeling, which is especially great if you want to quickly dry wet hair after the shower. The fabric is cotton designed with a low twist for a thicker, higher-quality feel. This robe is on the longer side compared to other styles because it's unisex.
6) Towel Wrap - TowelSelections$22.95Shop NowUnlike traditional towels, this towel wrap is designed to stay secure when wrapped around you. Designed with elastic and a hook and loop fastener at the top, this towel will stay in place after the shower without having to uncomfortably pin your arms down. This wrap is available in 13 color and 6 sizes, and we love that this bathrobe is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified, meaning it's free of harmful substances.
7) Waffle Robe - Boll and Branch$100.00Shop NowThis waffle cotton robe is not only 100% organic, but also Fair Trade Certified and GOTS certified, meaning that the farmers earn a living wage and the entire supply chain has met ecological and social criteria – this is a totally feel-good robe (and not just because it's exceedingly cozy).
8) Personalized Plush Spa Robe - Markeza$46.95Shop NowThis plush, fleece bathrobe comes with personalization, such as your first initial, your first name, or a monogram. With over 40 thread colors and 15 font varieties to choose from, this robe can be completely your own and the custom personalization makes it a thoughtful gift, too.
9) Home Pique Bath Robe - Lacoste$34.99Shop NowMost bathrobes past your knees, while this style is cropped just above the knee, perfect for petite builds. Made from cotton terrycloth, this bathrobe from Lacoste will have a similar feel to your towels. We love the detailing on the collar, two large front pockets, and the easy hanging tab in the back.
10) Cashmere Spa Robe - Restoration Hardware$329.00Shop NowRestoration Hardware designed a super-soft cashmere robe to wear while pampering and getting ready. The fabric is a jersey knit with 2-ply cashmere designed to be soft and warm. Available in 8 colors, this spa robe can be personalized for just an additional $9, making this a perfect wedding gift.
11) Belgian Flax Linen Robe - Pottery Barn$79.00Shop NowIf you love the easy-breezy feel of linen sheets, try a linen bathrobe. This linen robe by Pottery Barn is made from 100% Belgian flax linen for a soft feel and a relaxed look. This robe has hidden side seam pockets and falls just below the knee. If you love this robe, check out Pottery Barn's matching linen pajamas.
12) Kids' Fleece Robe - L.L. Bean$44.95Shop NowNothing is better to cozy up in after a bath than this robe, perfectly sized for your little one. Made of polyester fleece fabric, this robe meets federal safety standards for children’s sleepwear if your kid happens to fall asleep in this super comfy bathrobe. The belt is actually stitched in place on the back, so you’ll never lose it and you can rest easy knowing your little one is safe. We love that they have a matching style in adult sizes, too!