The Totally Romantic Christmas Movies That Will 10/10 Warm Your Heart This Winter
When it comes to cold winter nights, staying home and watching movies are a given — especially during the holiday season. If you're tempted to watch re-runs of shows you've seen hundreds of times, turn on one of these romantic Christmas movies instead. There are classic movies from the '40s and '50s, like White Christmas and The Shop Around the Corner. And then there are more modern films, particularly on the beloved Hallmark Channel, like Christmas at Pemberley Manor and Christmas at Graceland (who knew Kellie Pickler could act too?!). This list includes comedies, dramas, and everything for the romantic at heart. Pick your favorite and get cozy with your loved ones, because these holiday films about love are so heartwarming. I mean, even watching Buddy the Elf fall for Jovie makes us feel all warm and fuzzy. The options are limitless here, and we know you and your loved ones will adore these films. Parents, you'll also appreciate that a few of these romantic Christmas movies are also family-friendly. And if you're feeling peckish, whip up our favorite (not to mention, easy) Christmas treats for your family and friends. That way, you can tune in with your stomach as full as your heart!
1) White Christmas (1954) - STREAM NOWTwo World War II vets leave the Army to become entertainers, only to find themselves involved in romances with a pair of sisters. There's singing, dancing, and lots of drama in this classic film. RELATED: 30 Classic Movies on Netflix That'll Make You Feel Extra Nostalgic
2) A Christmas Prince (2017) - STREAM NOWA reporter flies to Aldovia to get the inside scoop on a scandalous prince who's about to become king. As time goes on, however, she realizes she might have found her one true love.
3) The Shop Around the Corner (1940) - STREAM NOWTwo coworkers at a store in Budapest couldn't be more dissimilar. They can't stand each other, but absolutely adore their faraway pen pals. As it turns out, the pen pals are much, much closer than they think. This romantic plot might sound familiar, as it inspired Nora Ephron's You've Got Mail.
4) Elf (2003) - $14.99Shop NowOkay, we know this comedy is about saving Christmas and learning how to live as an elf in New York City ... but hear us out. The romance between Will Ferrell's Buddy and Zooey Deschanel's Jovie is sweet and oh-so-iconic. RELATED: The 58 Best Christmas Movies of All Time
5) The Last Holiday (2006) - STREAM NOWWhat would you do if you given just days to live? After she was diagnosed with a terminal illness, Georgia (Queen Latifah) jets off to Europe to live her best life. In doing so, she gets the attention of her crush Sean (LL Cool J), and their romance takes off at the most heartbreakingly inconvenient time.
6) The Family Stone (2005) - STREAM NOWThis drama features Rachel McAdams, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Diane Keaton. When Everett brings his girlfriend Meredith home to meet the rest of his family, complications arise and they question their relationship.
7) Love Actually (2003) - STREAM NOWLove Actually chronicles nearly 10 couples' love lives that end up intertwined. It's the ultimate holiday rom-com, and it stars celebrities like Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, and Keira Knightley, to name a few.
8) Christmas at Pemberley Manor (2018) - HallmarkPRE-ORDER NOWIn this Christmas miracle movie, an event planner and a billionaire (played by Jessica Lowndes and Michael Rady) fall in love while organizing a holiday festival. This premiere on the Hallmark Channel last year, and this October, you can order the DVD.
9) The Best Man Holiday (2013) - STREAM NOWA 15-year college reunion during the holidays has this group of friends realizing a lot about their true colors — and maybe they’ll make enemies and fall in love along the way.
10) The Holiday (2006) - STREAM NOWWhen two women, one from London and the other from Los Angeles, swap places and live in each other's home throughout the holidays, they realize there's more to life than the boy problems they had back at home. This rom-com has a pretty solid cast, including Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, and Jack Black.
11) Just Friends (2005) - STREAM NOWIn this movie, Ryan Reynolds plays a man named Chris, an overweight nerd. Fast forward 10 years, and Chris is killing it in the music industry — maybe now he'll stand a chance with the girl he loves who friend-zoned him in high school.
12) A Christmas in New York (2015) - STREAM NOWSimilar to Love Actually's storyline, A Christmas in New York tells the stories of six totally different couples celebrating the holiday in a fancy hotel. Each of them are battling their own problems, and in the process, discovering the meaning of love, family, and happiness.
13) Christmas at Graceland (2018) - STREAM NOWWe tuned into the Hallmark Channel last November to catch the premiere of this brand-new Christmas movie starring Kellie Pickler from American Idol season five. It involves music, business trips, and reunions with old flames. And now, it's available for streaming on Amazon.
14) While You Were Sleeping (1995) - STREAM NOWWhen Lucy (Sandra Bullock) saves her crush from getting hit by a train, he ends up in a coma and somehow gets mistaken as her fiancé at the hospital. Then in another tragic turn of events, she realizes she's falling for his brother instead. Talk about a complicated love triangle.
15) Serendipity (2001) - STREAM NOWJohn Cusack and Kate Beckinsale star in one of the most unrealistic, hopeless romantic-type movies. Two people meet one night, think they'll be together forever, then proceed to not see each other for 10 years. But that's not where the story ends...
16) Four Christmases (2008) - STREAM NOWBrad and Kate (played by Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon) are an unmarried couple who have to attend four different family events on Christmas Day, since their plans to go on vacation failed.
17) It's Christmas, Eve (2018) - STREAM NOWLeAnn Rimes and Tyler Hynes star in this movie where a school superintendent considers cutting the music program that her super attractive neighbor teaches. They may or may not fall in love — you'll just have to stream the Hallmark Channel movie on Amazon to find out.
18) Bridget Jones's Diary (2001) - STREAM NOWThis hilarious movie is about a woman named Bridget (played by Renée Zellweger) who tries to improve herself for the new year by keeping track of literally everything in her diary. It's based on the novel of the same name by Helen Fielding.
19) Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009) - STREAM NOWHere's a funny take on the classic tale of A Christmas Carol. Celebrity photographer Connor (played by Matthew McConaughey) is the ultimate bachelor — but right before his brother ties the knot, something strange happens. All of his past girlfriends haunt him and try to get him to discover the reason why all of his relationships failed.
20) When Harry Met Sally (1989) - STREAM NOWHere, Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal play Sally and Harry: Two friends trying to figure out whether men and women can ever be just friends. The movie's soundtrack even features a few of the best love songs and Christmas songs, like It Had to Be You and Winter Wonderland.