There appears to be no love lost between the NCAA and the Ball family.

The league is officially free of LaVar Ball's sons, as Lonzo left after one season with UCLA to play in the NBA for the Los Angeles Lakers, LiAngelo withdrew from the Bruins earlier this week, and LaMelo is no longer eligible to suit up.

NCAA president Mark Emmert isn't losing sleep over the losses. In fact, he said that if LaVar's intention was to put his kids in college for one year as a stepping stone to going pro, they shouldn't be there to begin with.

"Is this a part of someone being part of your university as a student-athlete or is it about using college athletics to prepare yourself to be a (professional athlete)? If it's the latter, you shouldn't be there in the first place," he said Wednesday, as quoted by Forbes' Jason Belzer.

Related: Silver reportedly meets with NCAA commission to discuss 1-and-done rule

Emmert has spoken out in the past against the NBA's one-and-done rule, which requires U.S.-based players to be a year removed from high school before they can declare for the draft. Many end up spending a year in college.

"The one-and-done rule is something I've made no secret about how much I dislike it," he said last year. "It makes a farce of going to school. But if you just want to play in the NBA, you can do that. You can go to Europe or play at a prep school until you're 19."

NBA commissioner Adam Silver has been "rethinking" his position on the rule over concern that it robs students of a proper academic experience.

LaVar pulled LiAngelo out of UCLA after he was suspended indefinitely for shoplifting in China, and previously removed LaMelo from his high school to home-school him. They're both exploring options to play overseas, ideally together.

Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.